Take this awesome Element Quiz to find your type! See who else has taken it and what their results are at The Master Post!
Results people have gotten so far: [Air of Air: The Thoughtful Scholar] [Air of Fire: I Said What I Meant and I Meant What I said!] [Air of Water: Tough Love] [Air of Earth: The Judge/The Professor] [Fire of Air: Let’s Get Going] [Fire of Fire: Action!][Water of Air: The Dreamy Student] [Water of Fire: Prince Charming] [Water of Water: My Cup Runneth Over] [Water of Earth: The Sage] [Earth of Air: Making It Add Up] [Earth of Fire: One Step at a Time] [Earth of Water: Comfort Food] [Earth of Earth: The Banker/The Benefactor]
Taking this quiz will get you the following:
1. Your personal element (Air, Fire, Water, or Earth), with positive and negative traits and appropriate career types included
2. Your elemental life role (Air, Fire, Water or Earth)
3. Your special personality type based on a synthesis of these two. There are sixteen types, very much like Myers-Briggs!
How to take it: Use “ask” to send me (swankivy) your answers to the questions. Please do NOT use reblog/notes to answer if you want your evaluation, though you can feel free to reblog the quiz if you like it. You should have enough space to rattle off your answers using the multiple choice and true/false options, but please number them so I don’t get confused. Some of the single-option questions will be hard to pick the BEST answer for you, but you probably won’t have room to clarify why. If you DO NOT WANT me to post your result publicly, specify that you want it delivered privately. And if you use Anon to answer, just include something in your ask that you’ll recognize when I post it, and watch me for the answer.
Note: The questions and evaluations are heavily based on a couple quizzes in a book entitled The Way of Four, but I’ve modified it to make it more general since its author, Ms. Lipp, wrote it primarily for use in the Pagan community. I’ve also modified some of its language that I found problematic, primarily regarding gender and ableism.
Quiz 1: Personal Element Quiz:
1 through 9—choose one best answer.
1. If I could choose only one of the following, I’d take …
2. When I am confused, my preferred decision-making method is to …
a. Make a list of the pros and cons and do what scores best.
b. Do whatever has worked in the past.
c. Go with my first instinct, whatever it is.
d. Examine how I feel about the situation and do what feels right.
3. If that doesn’t work, I might …
a. Do some research on the issue.
b. Meditate or use some other intuitive technique.
c. Ask the advice of someone who has been in a similar situation.
d. What do you mean? Of course it will work!
4. After a hard day at work or school, I feel better if I …
a. Read a good book.
b. Cuddle up under a fuzzy blanket.
c. Talk to a friend about everything that happened.
d. Take a nice relaxing bath and soak for a while.
e. Go out and have some fun.
f. Make love.
g. Have a nice glass of wine.
h. Eat some “comfort food.”
5. The people I respect the most are …
6. The people who baffle me are the ones who …
a. Prefer to be alone almost all of the time.
b. Don’t care to educate themselves.
c. Have no mementos, souvenirs, or other precious keepsakes.
d. Don’t play games to win.
7. I could NEVER be …
a. A vagabond (wandering about with no home and few possessions).
b. A hermit (entirely alone).
c. A monk under a vow of silence.
d. Sexually abstinent.
8. The trait I personally struggle most with is …
9. When I’m upset, I …
b. Yell or punch a pillow.
c. Distract myself—think about something else, watch TV, or read a book.
d. Eat or sleep.
10 and 11—choose ALL that apply (send multiple letters for #10 & #11).
10. People like me because …
a. I’m nurturing.
b. I’m witty.
c. I’m a good listener.
d. I’m the life of the party.
e. I’m smart.
f. My door is always open.
g. I’m caring.
h. I’m brave.
11. But behind my back, I bet they say …
a. I’m an airhead.
b. I’m a stick-in-the-mud.
c. I have a bad temper.
d. I’m a crybaby.
e. I’m bull-headed.
f. I have my head in the clouds.
g. I’m bossy.
h. I’m moody.
12 through 21—True or false (send either T or F for each number).
12. If it doesn’t make sense but it feels right, I’ll do it.
13. I would never go somewhere if I didn’t know how I was getting home.
14. Taking action without some kind of plan is ridiculous.
15. Privacy is very important to me.
16. You can never have too many facts at your disposal.
17. If you know you’re right, you don’t need others to agree with you.
18. I believe in embracing opportunities; you shouldn’t wait to see what the consequences will be.
19. It’s important to me to be a part of a family, even if I have to put up with difficult people.
20. Choosing to love and be loved is always worthwhile, even though sometimes you or someone else gets hurt.
21. I have to speak my mind—honesty is more important than worrying about hurting someone’s feelings.
Quiz 2: Elemental Life Role:
Send me the numbers for ALL statements that are true for you RIGHT NOW—as many as you like.
1. I am currently changing my career or learning a new career.
2. I like to be in charge.
3. I am currently pregnant, lactating, or the primary caretaker of a child below school age.
4. I am constantly trying to learn new things.
5. People always come to me for a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen.
6. I am frequently in a hurry.
7. I am established in life and my role is secure.
8. I consider myself a grown-up.
9. I often act as a messenger between other people.
10. My career is really moving.
11. My main task is nurturing or helping others.
12. I am focused on action.
13. I know who I am and that’s not going to change.
14. I am still in school.
15. I’d describe myself as “up and coming.”
16. I like to be there for people as much as possible.
17. At this stage in my life, I really need things to happen.
18. I am just starting out in life.
19. I function mostly in the background or in a supportive role.
20. People look to me for answers or leadership.
That’s it! Send me your answers, tell me if you DON’T want it posted, and see your elemental personality type!